We’ve all heard that smoking is detrimental to your health. As if the threat of cancer and heart disease wasn’t enough to make you finally kick the habit, have you ever considered how damaging tobacco is to your teeth?
Yes, it is true that we at Apex Dental are a bit biased, but if you are struggling to find the motivation to quit smoking, there are some oral health implications that we would like you to consider:
- This is an obvious one, but smoking causes bad breath and stained teeth! Trying to impress someone special? Wow them with your fresh smoke-free breath and pearly white smile.
- Cigarettes and cigars can cause a dulled sense of taste. Imagine not being able to enjoy that cheeseburger or chocolate cake as much as you used to. The horror!
- Smoking can also impair the healing process after a dental procedure.
- Smokers have a higher rate of oral cancer and gum disease than non-smokers.
- Quitting is the only way to decrease your risk of developing tobacco-related health complications.
Apex Dental knows that this is easier said than done due to the highly addictive nature of nicotine. For this reason, it is incredibly important to have a plan and constantly remind yourself of your reasons for wanting to kick your smoking habit.
Writing down your reasons and re-reading them every time you have a craving, exercising regularly, chewing gum, and reaching out to supportive friends and family can all be extremely beneficial in your journey to quit smoking.
Apex Dental cares deeply about their patients and would like to remind everyone who is struggling to quit that our staff is 100% supportive of your commitment and would be happy to help you in any way possible!
Take a deep breath—this is the beginning of a happy and healthy new life!
As an added incentive to quit, Apex Dental is offering a special for new patients. Zoom Whitening at $109 after new patient exam & necessary x-ray.
Contact Apex Dental today to learn more. We offer general, restorative and cosmetic services to the Northborough, MA area.