The smile is arguably the most important facial feature. A beautiful smile makes you look and feel confident. Cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers can change not only your smile but also your self-confidence and sense of joy when sharing your smile with others. Not every dentist can match the artistic skill and talent of Dr. Robert Gauthier. As a leader in the field, Dr. Gauthier has the expertise, training, and knowledge to perform a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures to deliver beautiful, long-lasting results. Cosmetic dentistry in Northborough, MA, can help give you the smile you want.
Dr. Gauthier uses modern dentistry’s latest innovations and technology to help his patients create the smile of their dreams. Dr. Gauthier has transformed hundreds of smiles with cosmetic dentistry solutions in his office. He also provides comprehensive dental services to new and existing patients in Northborough, MA.
Dr. Gauthier is one of few Northborough dentists also trained and certified in Botox injections. Dr. Gauthier works with patients to achieve their cosmetic goals with comprehensive care that includes facial esthetics.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Northborough, MA
Dr. Gauthier has the talent and ability to correct almost any cosmetic concern, including:
- Teeth that are discolored, yellow, or stained
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Damaged teeth
- Short teeth or teeth that are oddly shaped
Dr. Gauthier has completed training and courses provided by SPEAR, the American Academy for Facial Esthetics (AAFE), and the Dawson Academy. Using his training, he can cosmetically enhance the smile and face by thoroughly examining the patient’s facial structure. Dr. Gauthier’s cosmetic treatments can brighten or straighten the smile and address cosmetic imperfections in the face.
Why Get Cosmetic Dentistry?
When people think about cosmetic dentistry, they usually focus on the aesthetic value. Aesthetics are a large component of cosmetic dentistry. When you have cosmetic issues with your smile, it may cause you to want to hide your teeth.
You shouldn’t be worried about the appearance of your smile when you’re talking and laughing in public. Cosmetic dental treatment gives you back self-confidence in your smile.
But cosmetic dentistry doesn’t just take care of aesthetics. Many cosmetic problems have an underlying cause that can impact your oral health. With cosmetic treatment, we aim to treat this root cause, helping both the look and function of your smile. One of the prime examples of this is crooked teeth. They’re one of the most common cosmetic problems we see in our office.
Crooked teeth are obviously an aesthetic problem. But they contain underlying issues, too. Crooked teeth are much harder to clean than straight teeth. Plaque and tartar build up in these little areas you can’t quite reach. If you aren’t able to clean it, bacteria and debris continue to build up, causing tooth decay and gum disease.
They also contribute to an uneven bite. Your jaw and teeth are designed so that the pressure and stress of a bite is evenly distributed throughout the smile. With crooked teeth, some teeth take on more pressure than they’re supposed to. These teeth wear down faster, and some may even chip or crack under pressure.
Lastly, an uneven bite is a big factor in developing TMJ disorders. The jaw is in an unnatural position and the disc that allows it to track smoothly starts to wear down. You experience pain and headaches and may hear your jaw popping and clicking when you use it. More severe side effects include issues with jaw functionality and being unable to open or close your mouth.
When we treat crooked teeth, we’re helping all of these issues.
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Apex Dental offers a menu of cosmetic dentistry services to patients in Westborough, MA. Continue reading to learn about our cosmetic dentistry services.
- Invisible Braces: Used to treat a range of orthodontic concerns, invisible braces consist of a series of discreet, clear aligners. No metal braces; you can remove them to eat and continue with a normal oral hygiene routine. To learn more about invisible braces, see Invisible Braces.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign clear aligners is a teeth-straightening system that can discreetly realign crooked teeth in about 12 months. It involves a series of aligners that will be changed every two weeks to move teeth into the desired position gently. Invisalign is extremely effective in treating tooth misalignment. To learn ore about Invisalign, see Invisalign.
- Porcelain Veneers: This popular cosmetic dentistry treatment can disguise almost any aesthetic concerns you may have with your teeth. We bond these ultra-thin porcelain shields to the front of each tooth for instantly white and perfect teeth. Porcelain veneers are extremely durable, and are color-matched to your natural tooth enamel. To learn more about porcelain veneers, see Porcelain Veneers.
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening your teeth is the simplest way to upgrade your smile instantly. We offer in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments for your convenience. To learn more about the teeth whitening services we offer in our office, see Teeth Whitening.
- Zoom Whitening: Zoom! Teeth Whitening is an in-office treatment that can whiten teeth up to 8 shades in about an hour. This treatment is extremely effective at removing deep stains. To learn more about Zoom Whitening, see Zoom Whitening.
- Smile Makeover: We offer complete smile makeovers for patients who are unhappy with their smiles. These may include any combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatments to help you attain the smile you have always wanted. To learn more about smile makeovers, see Smile Makeover.
- Facial Aesthetics: Dr. Gauthier is trained by the AAFE to provide Botox, dermal fillers, and thread lifts. These treatments eliminate fine lines and wrinkles to enhance the look of the face. To learn more about the facial aesthetic services we offer, see Facial Aesthetics.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover uses multiple cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of your smile. Your treatment plan will also address any underlying conditions that may affect the longevity of the results. Dr. Gauthier wants his patients to have healthy and gorgeous smiles.
To begin this process, you will schedule a consultation with him to discuss the issues you have with your smile. He will perform an examination of your oral health and create a treatment plan to give you that healthy, gorgeous smile. We personalize the smile makeover to your needs and desires.
Our work speaks for itself! Visit our Smile Gallery to see patients’ before and after pictures.
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
Cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and improve your oral health. Read these commonly asked questions to learn more.
What’s the most popular cosmetic dentistry service?
Professional teeth whitening is the most common. Everyone experiences discolored teeth throughout their lifetime. Professional whitening produces better results than over-the-counter options, brightening teeth by multiple shades in a short amount of time. It’s non-invasive and can transform your smile with just one treatment.
Is cosmetic dentistry permanent?
No cosmetic procedure is permanent. Even with Invisalign, which shifts the entire alignment of your teeth, you must wear retainers and stay diligent with oral care to ensure the results last. Solutions like porcelain veneers do last for a long time — 10-15 years or more.
Does dental insurance cover cosmetic procedures?
No, insurance doesn’t typically cover cosmetic treatment. Cosmetic care is seen as a want and not a need by your insurance provider. Certain procedures may be partially covered if they’re deemed a medical necessity by the provider. We’ll work with your insurance to ensure you get the care you need for the best price.
Does cosmetic dentistry hurt?
No, no cosmetic procedures are painful. The most you should feel is some soreness or sensitivity, which will only be temporary. When we perform cosmetic dental procedures, we always ensure that we numb the area with a local anesthetic before we start. Your comfort is our top priority.
Is cosmetic dentistry bad for your teeth?
Not at all. Many cosmetic treatment options provide added benefits to your oral health. Conditions like crooked teeth can lead to many oral health problems. Treating crooked teeth with cosmetic care can help you avoid extensive issues that can cause big problems in the future.
Am I a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry?
Many patients are eligible for cosmetic treatment. The main requirement is that your oral health is good before we proceed to cosmetic procedures. If you have health issues like tooth decay or gum disease, we need to manage those before we venture into cosmetic territory.
Schedule a Dental Exam & Consultation
Searching for a cosmetic dentistry office in Shrewsbury, MA, Northborough, MA, and Westborough, MA area? Schedule a dental consultation at Apex Dental to discuss your dental health, cosmetic goals, and budget concerns. Dr. Gauthier will recommend the treatment options that will suit you best. He can help you improve your smile with modern dental service and give you back your confidence.