The holidays are full of busy days, parties, family memories- and lots of great sweets and goodies that can affect not only our waistline- but our oral health! Northborough, MA Dentist Dr. Robert J. Gauthier Jr. offers holiday wishes to all patients- as well as a few quick tips for keeping your smile healthy while enjoying the best the season has to offer.
- Enjoy those cakes, cookies and candies in moderation- good for the smile and the waistline!
- Chew sugar free gum or rinse with water after a sweet snack or dark beverages such as red wine
- Never use your teeth to crack a nut or open a package- keep the right tools handy for guests
- Brush and floss daily, even when your routine is disrupted by fun and travel
- Be sure to visit our office for routine dental care as needed to keep your teeth and gums healthy
In case of the unexpected dental emergency, contact our Northborough, MA dentist office as soon as possible for advice on how best to handle the situation and mitigate permanent damage.
Is holiday stress leading to teeth grinding or jaw clenching? If so, contact our dentist office to schedule a visit and learn more about how a custom mouth guard could protect your teeth and improve dental health. Left untreated, tooth grinding (also called bruxism) can lead to tooth damage and other dental problems.
Looking for a quick smile makeover for those holiday parties and events? Schedule a teeth whitening treatment after your routine dental cleaning for a bright, white smile you will be happy to share. It may also be the inspiration you need to practice the tips mentioned above and moderate those dark foods and beverages.
Happy Holidays from Drs. Gauthier and Krikunenko!